It's Friday, I'm in Love



I know the flash is much too bright in this photo, it's because I have this need to get way too close to my subject (horrible in digital photography, that's what the zoom is for, but fantastic for my Lomography http://www.lomography.com/ endeavors).
Anyhow, this is Otis, super cat. She's not a boy, but she has a boy name. She's very good. She sits on the couch during all waking hours of her life. I figured she could use a blanket to sit on. I was thinking of a baby who uses a blankie. It's more for security than anything else. So I made her a little swatch to sit on. But it seriously looks stupid on the couch. It looks like someone dropped a placemat on my couch and it just looks horrible and out of place. Everytime I see it I want to pick it up and put it on the kitchen table or something. So I picked up some more yarn and I'm going to make 3 more of these panels and stitch them together so it makes a very small cat throw. The color doesn't show well in this photo, but it really is lovely. It's Lion's Jiffy in El Paso. I love that yarn. It's so soft and lovely, like mohair, yet you can beat it to hell and wash it and it's all good.




Here is a green scarf I made in less than an hour. It's 4 rows of an almost-double-crochet (I sort of made it up as I was going, it's similar to dc but...well...fake). It's made with Lion brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. It's so beautiful in person. The pic is garbage, I wish it looked better. For this I used (drum roll please) my brand new S-35 hook. Yes, the Speed Hook. And let me tell you, it was awesome! I love large hooks, and I love holding multiple strands of yarn together, so this hook was, I feel, made just for me.




And the Shawl (and Otis). Again with the Speed Hook. I held 2 strands of Red Heart Super Saver yarn together and did this all in single crochet. I ended up using 2 complete skeins and then a teensy-weensy bit of 2 more skeins to finish it off. I did not do this correctly and it shows. It was my first shawl. I have such a hard time increasing on a row. I don't know why. Decreasing is so easy for me. So I made one long chain and then just decreased by one single crochet for each additional row. Took me two days. It's for my mom. I love it, and I think she will too. Or at least I hope she loves it. I'm going to give it to her tonight when we head over for dinner.
Oh and for the record: my butt is not that dumpy and horrible looking in person! It's quite cute, actually. I happen to be wearing 6 year old sweat pants after a 10 hour day at work, and they're not so flattering. Ex-cuuuuuuuze meeee. I shouldn't let anyone else take my photo EVER!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.