VD Snow Day

Well yesterday was Valentines Day (Or, as I believe it should be called, Singles Awareness Day). The boy and I stayed home from work and had ourselves a lazy Wednesday because we were hit with about a foot or so of snow and ice.

When I think about all that I did yesterday, on one hand I have the sense that I accomplished a ton. However, on the other hand, I feel like I did a bunch of nothing. Mostly I feel that way because I did not complete a bunch of projects. Usually I measure success and accomplishment in terms of completed projects, but that wasn't the case yesterday. Save for one green scarf I crocheted, it was just putzing with this and that all day.

I did manage to get all of my wooden elements (birdhouse, serving trays and box) gesso'd and ready for altering. The birdhouse will be titled "Love is for the Birds" and it's going to be a sarcastic, snippy (real surprise there) take on love. Tne trays and box I'm not sure of yet, other than the fact that I want to give one tray to Sara and Justin as a housewarming gift. It would be cool if each piece ends up in the March art show, but as slow as I've been lately that means I really need to step it up a notch.

I also made some fun little rubber stamped images onto cardstock (which I cut out as well)--maybe 20 or 25 of them? I have to put together some paper dolls as well as use some for an ATC swap I'm in over on ATC_Connection, the theme being rubber stamps. I think I'll piece together a bunch of stamps and collage them onto the ATCs but I'm not sure yet.

I got a Coke can Gesso'd and a layer of paint onto it for the aluminum can doll I'm making for Altered Art Obsession. Due date for this isn't for 2 1/2 months but I have no ideas yet for this so I need to get moving.

It also occurred to me how far behind I am on the art show coming up for National Puppet Day. I really wanted to go all out and make some fun stuff for this, so I do need to get moving here. The show is only 2 months away, and the ideas I have right now will take some time to pull off.

I spent the rest of the day crocheting. I'm making a shawl for my mother which I really hope to finish by tonight so I can give it to her Friday after work. I did a whole scarf, too, which was fun, and I messed with a few other scarves and gave them some added length. I'll post photos later.

I'm back to work today and it sucks. I love days off. Maybe one day when I win the Powerball I can afford to spend the whole day (every day) playing around with my arts and crafts. In the meantime, back to the rat race. Sigh.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.