$7.00 Shawl

I finished the 4-skein Red Heart Light and Lofty shawl. Total cost was $7.00 even, which I certainly cannot complain about. I'm glad I did end up picking up the Light and Lofty when I saw it on sale. Wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I decided upon this:





I'm ultimately pleased with it. There are a few little spots along the edges where I would chain and turn that look messy, but I would say that every item I finish looks better than the last. The pattern was so easy. It's a free pattern on the Lion website, and it calls for 1 skein (480 yards) of Lion Romance. Well, I don't live in an area where I can easily find yarn and I need to hold off on online purchases for a bit until I've paid off my credit card bill completely. So, I substituted this yarn, and though it's bulkier I do like how it turned out. I won't wear this anywhere except sitting on the couch watching TV. I'm not a shawl person. But I like making them. So it doesn't bother me that, let's face it, the color isn't the most flattering. It's great for a little accessory, but I do think it's a bit much for a large item. But that's okay.
So yes, the pattern was a breeze (sc all the way). It was the second pattern I've followed and I'm building my confidence to a point where I think I can soon start more complicated patterns. I do take things slowly and cautiously. I'm very confident with sc and hdc. I'd like to become more confident with dc and tr, which just means I'd like to make a scarf or something easy with each of those stitches. At that point I'll tackle something a bit more complicated. There are a few things in The Happy Hooker book I'm interested in, and one sweater (that skull one) that my friend Justin wants me to make. Not sure I'm ready for that one yet, but someday.

1 comments:

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 14 March, 2007

That came out fantastically! The Light and Lofty is on clearance at my Wal-Mart for $3.50 a skein-not really a clearance if you ask me!

That Romance isn't what it's cracked up to be-regular mohair is much nicer and if you look onling, almost the same price.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.