Well It's About Time

First off, my Jeep is back. I picked it up on Wednesday afternoon around 3. Brand new engine. They put about 70 miles on it driving it here and there and everywhere, making sure everything was fine. The service department, and the manager especially, was just beside himself over everything. I'd have to say that the level of customer service I received from there was just fantastic. They're really great guys. And to my utter happiness, the GM of the dealership emailed me this morning to get my authorization to change my contract from a 3 year/36,000 mile warrant to a 7 year/70,000 mile warranty. I wasn't sure he was going to fight for me, but he did and I'm really pleased.



What have I been doing? Last Saturday Mark and I went for a walk at Lake Massabesic. It was warm-ish that day so it was nice to cruise along the lake, in the woods. It's a huge lake. Here are 2 not so great photos, but it was overcast and everything is still brown and dead.





I free-formed a bath mit for myself. sc and hdc. I really love it. I worked in a spiral, which was a lot easier for me than doing anything in the round.


And I made 2 dish cloths.


Other than that, I haven't completed anything. Been working on a black scarf, a striped scarf, a multi-colored scarf and a shrug out of Paton's Divine. I don't know how I feel about a shrug out of this yarn though. I might feel like I'm wearing...I don't know...a muppet? I hope to have it done by Saturday for the art show I'm attending and, possibly, selling at. We always set up a merchandise table and a lot of people will sell little post cards of their paintings, jewelry they've made, etc. etc. I'm going to put out a few hats and scarves just to get rid of them. We start setting up the gallery tonight, which will be a job lasting until 2 or 3 in the morning I suspect, and the show is Saturday at 7. I'm bringing some munchies, but I'm not sure what just yet. I was thinking some tasty breads and dips and things of the like, but I need to figure out what exactly I'll do. I need some quick and easy appetizer type things to bring.
I've been in a nasty funk otherwise. I have decided that I am unhappy with most people and would rather just spend my time alone. How many people in the world would really go out on a limb for a friend? I feel like I'm one of those people, but I don't feel like I know many people like that. Sometimes the human condition saddens me. I find myself losing respect for people lately because no one really knows how to treat anyone well. Are we all just self-absorbed?

2 comments:

Deneen said...
Friday, 30 March, 2007

Yay for the Jeep being fixed. Good luck on the sales.

Katie said...
Thursday, 05 April, 2007

Ditto, yay for your jeep getting fixed, I would have gone nuts if I had a new vehicle with 100 miles on it that needed a new engine! I love the custom bath mitt!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.