7 Things

Deneen tagged me so here is my list of 7 things you're just dying to know about me.

1. I'm a home body. If I could stay home all the time I think I would. I love hanging out in sweatpants in front of a movie or the computer or the stove or the cleaning products. It's so relaxing for me. Going out is stressful.

2. I'm the youngest of 3 children and the only girl. Which is to say I'm spoiled. I've got 3 nieces (technically 2 but I think my brother will marry this girl so I will include her daughter) and one nephew.

3. I broke up with the man of my dreams in 2006, the one I was crazy in love with, because he didn't want to have kids or get married. They're that important to me, that even after 5 years with him and a heart full of undying love I'd be willing to sacrifice him for eventually having a family. Not to say it was easy or that I don't often second-guess my decision. But it was the only time in my life I stood up for me and what I needed, and that's got to count for something.

4. I'm the manager of a collection agency that is small and, even after 2 years, still trying to survive. It pays poorly but has the potential to pay well when we (finally) start to turn a decent profit. I've worked for my boss in a different business years back that he sold to OJ Simpson's lawyer's company, of all people. I got to travel to Los Angeles to train those people, you know, the ones taking over my job. Wasn't that a fun trip. *roll eyes*

5. I started crocheting when I was 10 or 12 and, believe it or not, survived on slip stitch for 16 or 18 years. I just recently learned some real crochet. I still fear patterns, but I'm working on it.

6. My cats are my children. I have two precious kitties, Marley and Otis. They're both about 7 years old. They're probably about 4 months apart age-wise. I rescued both of them from outside, in different locations. They're both black and white. Marley was severely abused when I found her and she hated me. Her ear had been cut off with scissors. She was about 2 or 3 weeks old and I nursed her to health and bottle fed her. Otis, who is also a girl, looked like a boy, hence the name. She was not abused, but just abandoned or lost from her Mum in a rock wall. I heard her crying and found her. They're both neurotic and insane because I coddled them too much. They act like dogs, going so far as playing fetch.

7. I just watched Friday the 13th for the very first time this past weekend, even though it was popular when I was a kid. I'm terrified of scary movies.

I'd tag someone else but hell, I'm new to blogging and barely know anyone!

1 comments:

Sheila said...
Monday, 30 April, 2007

Came across your blog via Deneen's site... and dropping by to say Hello... I love Tori's shawl and Sara' blanket... beautiful colors.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.