Another Weekend bites the dust

In the sense that it was, as per usual, ridiculously short.

Saturday a friend and I did some shopping, mostly window shopping, for a few hours and she bought me lunch, which was lovely. I did manage to use an AC Moore gift card and buy some supplies for some specific projects I'm doing. Including more camo for Jacob's blanket (which I haven't touched in a week).

Here's the progress I've made on my niece Sara's blanket so far. I'm about half way done. Due to not paying attention and watching a movie while working on this, it will be a tad wider than 60 inches. I was going to do it 60 sq. in., but oh well. It should measure up exactly to 60 x 72 when it's all said and done. I wish I had flipped it around, too, so it looked better. If you imagine that the thinnest dark lavendar stripe (next to the orchid on the left hand side) is the center point, the color pattern will be dark lavendar, cream, multi, orchid, then a thin stripe of the dark lavendar, and the pattern repeated beyond that stripe so it's symmetrical. I'm pleased and it's officially the largest thing I've ever made. Not bad since I just started on Wednesday night.


Here's a completed (almost) pic of Tori's shawl. I say almost because I still haven't woven in the ends. Note how Mark cannot model to save his life. Hence the second pic of the shawl.


Here's the yarn set aside for specific projects and gifts. This was just before I organized it last night. I went through and bagged the yarn I need for each project because, and I think I have said this before, I'm insanely obsessive and get my rocks off by organizing things.
Here's what I purchased with my gift card. Enough Moda Dea Cache to make 2 scarves (I started one last night with the bottom colorway):

And some shades of rose for a blanket for my mom, either for her birthday in December or for Christmas. Colors are not my fave but they match her livingroom.
In the midst of organizing, I pulled out about 3000 yards of RH that perfectly match the striped throw pillows in the living room. The pillows are really great, and against mine and Mark's better judgment I've decided to make a ghan to match them. The colors work great and are pretty funky in tiny little 10 inch striped pillows, but I know the ghan will be obnoxious. And do I care? Not so much. It will use up quite a bit of yarn and it will make me giggle. Actually, it has the potential to be pretty cool, but I know that's a far stretch.


Other than that yarn related stuff, the weekend wasn't all that exciting. My knee has been acting up and I think I'm getting close to another surgery. They told me 2 years ago that I could expect a complete replacement before I'm 35. I just turned 28. Mark is badgering me to call the surgeon but I keep putting it off. I think I need to get scoped. There's a piece of cartilege that moves around and randomly stabs me. Most of the weekend it was misbehaving, and most of the weekend I spent on the couch with a bag of ice on my knee and a knee that was 3 times its normal size. I was able to go out to Veteran's Park in Manchester (5 minutes from us) to sit outside and listen to Mark's Dad's band. I've never heard him play before. Pretty great. We were there for about 2 hours. They do a lot of classic rock and old country songs. It was a nice time. But other than that and shopping for a few hours with Sara Saturday morning I did nothing all weekend.

And now I'm back to work and I think I'd rather be sleeping. It is pouring so hard outside and I'd just as soon be in my bed than here at my desk.

4 comments:

Amy O'Neill Houck said...
Monday, 30 April, 2007

I think your afghan will have a great retro 70s chic to it by the colors you've chosen--and you already have pillows to match, awesome!

Linda said...
Monday, 30 April, 2007

Too bad you can't come over and organize my stuff.

BarbaraJean said...
Monday, 30 April, 2007

Yarn! Yarn! Yarn! Soooo pretty! :)

April said...
Tuesday, 01 May, 2007

Amy, thanks. That's what I'm hoping for. Bold, retro, obnoxious...hopefully all in a good way.

Linda, name the time and I'll be there! :)

Barbarajean, I am trying not to enhance my stash but sometimes you just have to!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.