A Few WIPS

Here's Jacob's blanket. I'm temporarily paused because I'm waiting on some more of the camoflauge. I think it's coming out nicely, but I hate the colors. But, it's for a GI-Joe obsessed 8 year old so it will go over well with him and that's all that matters. It's all in hdc, very simple and it moves along very quickly. The color pattern will be camo, tan, green, a thin brown stripe, and then all camo in the center. The 4 first rows of color will repeat at the end so it is symmetrical. It measures 60 inches in length and I plan to make it 48 or 60 wide, yarn depending. I'll finish it off with a 1-2 inch border around the edge in black. The tan and green are not exact matches. Nor is the brown. I only added that thin stripe of brown because the green next to the camo didn't look good because they're not exactly matching. However, the point of this project was to use up 1 1/2 skeins of camo and the tan, brown and green scraps I had, so it will be nice to get rid of those. And really, it doesn't look bad despite not exactly matching. Especially for an eight year old boy who will like the camo regardless.



This is another scrap project for my niece. The family sure loves these silly shawls. I'm not going to make any more, I'm switching to something more intricate (i.e. less boring). I have a few patterns I'm fond of, so I'll use those. I had 6 or 7 people ask me for shawls, so I'll do three traditional ones for the people who will want a traditional shawl, and 3 or 4 nicer wraps for the more daring folks I'm making gifts for. I actually took this photo too soon. I finihsed it last night. I did a solid blue border around the edges to finish it off. Just need to weave in the ends.



Plain black shawl. Boring but it's coming out nicely.



And my other niece's shawl. This is actually using baby yarn, though for the life of me I don't recall which. Lion maybe? It's not very soft, surprisingly, and that's a disappointment. But again, it's using up the white skeins I have so I'm pleased.



As for the other gifts, like I said I bought a few odds and ends to finish them up, but mostly this will be a purely stash busting Christmas. Which means with all the gift cards I will inevitably get this year I can go out and buy lots more yarn.

Otherwise, pretty bland around here today. Working 11 to 8 which I always dread because it's a long day, especially when I don't ever take a lunch break. I think in 2 years I've taken one or two?

1 comments:

Deneen said...
Tuesday, 24 April, 2007

Lot's of WIP's and Jacob is gonna love that ghan!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.