A Mainly Non-Crochet Update

First off and before I forget, look what I just realized is going to be 5 minutes from my apartment this summer in July: http://www.knitandcrochetshow.com/default.asp !!

Alright, anyhow. Mark had his surgery yesterday. It was a long day. We were at the hospital for noon and got home around 8pm. Surgery itself was an hour. Revocery was quite a long while, as he was sick and throwing up and in a great deal of pain. He also could not urinate, so we had to wait until he could.

Got him home and he was just a mess. He was so sleepy from the anesthetic, but I didn't want him to sleep all night, I wanted him to drink some water and have a small snack of some sort. It was like pulling teeth to get him to eat and drink. I knew if he just had some food in him that he would start to wake up and be less groggy. And he needs to drink a gallon of water per day now, so I wanted to be sure he had plenty. It was so hard to get him to sit up for 5 minutes. But by 11 pm I had gotten 2 pieces of toast and a sandwich into him. Not much to drink, though not for lack of trying.

He shouldn't be home alone today but I had to work. I can't take any more time off. And I couldn't find anyone that could sit with him all day. So I'm calling him every hour on the hour to check up on him. I don't care if it's annoying. He's in so much pain and so groggy and on so many pain meds that I don't feel comfortable not being there.

As for me, I'm just exhausted. I didn't sleep at all last night. I'm dragging here at work. I want to go home.

The storm was miserable. Roads closed and lots of flooding. A normal 20 minute drive to and from work now takes me well over an hour. I typically work 8 to 4 today, but I left the house at 6 am and was here for 7:20. I'll stay until 5, go to the grocery store to get some goodies for the patient, and not make it home until about 7 tonight. It's still raining and I though it's not supposed to be a heavy rain, we're getting enough to perpetuate the flooding.

In crochet news, I am working on 3 shawls right now. Nothing fancy, no pattern. The whole thing is in hdc, starting with a ch 4 and doing 2 hdc in the first and last stitches of each row to increase. I'm doing one in white for my niece, one in blue for my other niece, and one in black for my sister in law. I'm working on my nephew's blanket, too. It's a scrap blanket, but the "scrap" yarn seems to be almost whole skeins so it doesn't seem all that scrappy to me. The bulk of it will be in RH camoflouge. There will be some intermitten stripes throughout it in khaki, dark green, black and possibly brown. It's 60 inches long, and I'll likely work it out to 48 inches or 60 inches wide. He's 8 and very small for his size so I'm not worrying about a throw being huge. Lastly, I'm working on another felting project. The bag I made last month was a huge hit with my niece so I am making her a slightly larger one in gray. All of these projects are Christmas gifts. My goal is to finish my gifts by the end of the summer. I'm making things for people based on what I have in stock. Which is to say most everything will be made out of skeins of RH SS and FREE for now. I do need a few odds and ends, but mostly I'm all set. And it will be nice to use up a large portion of my RH to get rid of it. I don't have any real fashion whores on my gift list or any yarn addicts, so acrylic will be just peachy for them especially since it is very easy to care for.

What else? I think that may be all.

1 comments:

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 18 April, 2007

Yay on the surgery and I hope he feels better soon.

Yes, the show is near you and you should go-it's way too far for me to drive this year, maybe next (I saw this every year for every thing).

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.