Acquired

Paton's Kroy Socks arrived last week. On sale and cheap. This should be good to experiment with sock making for the first time. Though interestingly, I just received my Amazon order today and the Crochet Socks book relies heavily on cotton as opposed to wool yarns. Oh well.


I did win the auction on eBay for the Spring issue. Woo-hoo! I know for certain I'll make the slouchy bag, and everyone I've seen wearing the seafoam vest looks great so maybe that, too. We'll see. Definitely the bag though.

3 comments:

Deneen said...
Tuesday, 22 May, 2007

Pretty yarn and you can sub the wool for cotton, as long as it's the same weight.

Try a free toe up version first to kind of get you used to it.

Good for you for winning! I finished the bag, still have to do the button for it-slow going lately.

HobbyZu said...
Tuesday, 22 May, 2007

lol!!! You might have been bidding against me! Sorry! :-) I got one anyway though. Lucky for me they had two you fast bidder you! :-)

Alexis said...
Wednesday, 23 May, 2007

Hmmm...interesting that the book would rely heavily on cotton sock yarn, seeing as how it's so expensive and not all that easy to find. *shrug* Anyway, I wish I could use Patons Kroy. :) It's so pretty! But pretty much everyone in my family can't wear wool. We're just itchy people, I guess. ;) (Hey, maybe the book's author is itchy, too? LOL!)

A friend of mine has the Crocheted Socks book, and I'm hoping to borrow it from her soon. That will help me figure out if I *need* to buy it or not. Heehee.

Enjoy the Interweave Crochet! It's a great issue.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.