Blog Etiquette?

So from various fiber boards and through other people's blogs I've come across some really cool blogs that I have added to Blogines, and that I check out daily. I leave comments and these women probably have no clue who I am. But I jump right in and try to comment because I feel like a voyeur otherwise, just reading without making mention of my having been there. I guess I'm curious to know if this is weird or not. Or if this is the way it goes?
I've always been socially awkward and shy. Who would have thought that would carry over into blogging? *roll eyes*

6 comments:

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 09 May, 2007

I have lots of lurkers-it's very,very common. Suddenly one will post a comment and say "I've been lurking for 6 months now", etc. I have several I read and never comment on (hard to believe, I know)

Sheila said...
Thursday, 10 May, 2007

Its not weird at all... I'm a lurker as well as a commenter.. and I will also jump in and comment on a post after visting the first time... I try to mention where I came across their site and proceed with my comment... so again its not weird at all.

Will Blog for Yarn said...
Thursday, 10 May, 2007

My answer would be the same as Deneen's. Although I have made some very good online friends by them finally commenting on my blog.

It's OK to lurk but commenting is so much more fun. Although I don't have as much time to comment as I used to.

Amy O'Neill Houck said...
Thursday, 10 May, 2007

A very, very small portion of my readers comment--I think it just has to do with my style of blogging--its fine with me, but I do *love* it when I get comments.

Alexis said...
Thursday, 10 May, 2007

I think it's great that you left a comment in my blog, because now I read yours, too--and otherwise, I wouldn't have known about it. :) Lurking is fine, too, but I recommend commenting if you have something to say. People blog so others will read, and it's nice to have evidence that people are reading.

~drew emborsky~ said...
Thursday, 10 May, 2007

I think it's totally cool to jump right in! I agree with WBFY, it's way more fun to comment than to lurk! :)

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.