Hook Case

Deneen left a comment that she had seen a pattern for a felted hook case made out of the Cache that I love so much. What is ironic is that just last weekend I hauled out my sewing machine, cut some fabric, and sat down to sew one that rolled up and tied with a ribbon. Once I got the fabric in place and pinned, I tried to sew it when I got such a huge, knotted mess of thread that I was unable to fix. I hate sewing, it's one of those things that gives me serious anxiety for some reason. And since losing my sewing machine manual (way to go), I need the help of my mother to fix my machine when it does this, or to change the bottom bobbin, or whatever. I just can't do it. I suppose I could order a new manual but, sigh. I hate to sew. So I scrapped the project.

Anyhow, I had thought about crocheting one and felting it. Which was even more reaffirmed when Deneen mentioned the Cache felted one. I'm really doubting I'll do it in the Cache because I have enough for a bag and I think I'd rather make a small purse with my stash. But I'm thinking of stopping at Joann's tonight on the way home to pick up some wool so I can start on this over the weekend. I think I'll write up a pattern as I go. I'm thinking of just making one large rectangle much too tall for the hooks, and then folding a portion of the bottom up and stitching some hook-sized pockets. I wonder if that would be too bulky though? I'd like one that rolls up and secures with a ribbon so maybe this method would be fine. I guess there's only one way to find out.

1 comments:

Linda said...
Thursday, 03 May, 2007

Sometimes sewing machines just seem to have a life of their own. I used to sew a lot, but I have a really tough time making myself do it anymore.
Crocheted cases a good. Be sure to show us what you come up with.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.