My 26 Day Labor of Love

I can't say I am in love with the colors in the blanket (um, maybe I even think it's ugly?!), but my 3 year old niece will adore it and that's all that matters. It was mostly a stash-busting endeavor. I'd say about 75% of the yarn is what I had on hand. Maybe they could have been matched a little better but, again, this was a stash-busting project. You cannot tell in the photo, but that varigated yarn has the cream, the orchid and the lavendar in it, and up close it does match well.

26 days and I'm done. Finihsed measurements are about 62 x 84.

When I finished, I collapsed and almost cried. You all know I've only really gotten into crocheting about 5 months ago, so this was a huge endeavor for me. My first ever afghan. Only 4 more to go. Ugh.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...
Tuesday, 22 May, 2007

It's absolutely beautiful.

Deneen said...
Tuesday, 22 May, 2007

Yay for you-I hate making ghans, too long a project!

Alexis said...
Wednesday, 23 May, 2007

Very pretty! Congrats!! :)

Stacey said...
Wednesday, 23 May, 2007

That is gorgeous!! Wow, what a labor of love, that is so big! It looks wonderful!!

Linda said...
Wednesday, 23 May, 2007

Wow! An afghan that big in 28 days is quite a record. It takes me forever to make one. Congratulations on winning the Interweave Crochet magazine!

Linda said...
Wednesday, 23 May, 2007

Oops!I didn't have my glasses on, and I read your title wrong. 26 days! It's lovely.

Lucy said...
Thursday, 24 May, 2007

GREAT COLORS!!!!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.