Spring is Springing Up All Around

Nests and Cocoons finally appear after the long winter.

The warmth of the sun is obvious on the water's surface.

Plants sprout up from the newly thawed ground.

The sun doesn't set until well after 8pm at night.

Buds on otherwsie barren trees make their way back into consciousness.

But most trees are still bare.

There's enough warmth from the sunlight to keep my flowers alive, despite the chilly evenings and nights we still have.

It is so warm outside that even Marley tells me I should stop working on my niece's afghan and just get out of the house. She wouldn't let me touch this all day yesterday.

3 comments:

Alexis said...
Tuesday, 15 May, 2007

Hahaha! Good job, Marley! ;)

What beautiful photos. Glad you got to enjoy the weather.

Judy said...
Wednesday, 16 May, 2007

Hi, I came across your blog and saw your comment about the IW Crochet Spring '07. I went to IW website and saw a different cover for the Spring'07 than you show on your blog. Why is that? Check out the website: http://www.interweavecrochet.com/toc.asp
Just curious....

April said...
Thursday, 17 May, 2007

Judy, no, this is a generic photo from Amazon.com from when I ordered the magazine subscription (which will start with the fall issue, not the spring one). I didn't mean to imply that the IW Crochet Spring Edition was this one cover in particular. :)

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.