Unnecessary

Since I've sworn off yarn purchases for a while, and since I've been making a little extra money selling used craft books on Amazon, I decided I needed to make a few purchases.

Okay, so I still have not found this dang thing anywhere. I really, really, really want the Spring 2007 issue because I want to make Drew's bag that I just love, and possibly the Sea Foam vest. I just bid on it on eBay (there was only one). I swear this is the most difficult to find magazine ever. I mean, does NH not crochet? They say the first issue will arrive in September, so I know I'm going to miss the Spring issue. Trying to find the Spring issue is driving me fricken nuts.

I saw a cute little sweater a beginner friend had crocheted from a pattern in here and it was lovely.

I'm dying for my damn sock yarn to show up. Since I've not made socks before and I don't know anything about sock yarn, I just ordered some inexpensive Kroy Socks. I know, I said no yarn, but how can you make socks without sock yarn?

And I wanted something that had home-decor crochet. I've heard good things about this book. And the slippers...right up my alley.


A case of Pattern Acquisition Syndrome? I'd say so.

8 comments:

HobbyZu said...
Wednesday, 16 May, 2007

Oh Lord! More books for me to add to my amazon wish list! :-) I may buy the sock book this week to get some practice in though.

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 16 May, 2007

Cool!

I have that sock book and haven't made anything in it because I have been too lazy to figure out the heel part.

I forgot about that Simple Crochet and must check it out-

HobbyZu said...
Thursday, 17 May, 2007

I read your comment and you made me smile! lol I'm sure there are tons more sock patterns that we just haven't been able to find. :-) I used the womens pattern and a hook size 4.5 and I got a size 9 1/2. I don't remember what ply/type yarn, but it's definitely half the size of 4 ply. Oh, and I finished one! Yay! :-) I wonder if it's too early to share on the sockalong site. Hmmm..

Linda said...
Friday, 18 May, 2007

I'm pretty sure that they have copies of the Interweave Crochet Spring 2007 at the Wal-Mart at Altus. I plan to buy groceries there this weekend. If you'd like for me to pick up a copy and mail it to you, I'd love to do it. No cost to you. We Fiber Freaks have to look out for each other.

Linda said...
Friday, 18 May, 2007

You can leave a comment on my blog or a message at Fiber Freaks if you're interested.

Sheila said...
Friday, 18 May, 2007

Hi April... and Thanks so much for your beautiful compliment. I have the Flirty Crochet book and it has some really cool stuff in it. I hope you get a copy of Crochet Interweave.

Alexis said...
Saturday, 19 May, 2007

I was surprised to find that Interweave Crochet has now appeared at the nearby Borders and Barnes & Noble. Do you have either of those stores near you? If so, and if they don't have it, bug 'em about it. ;) They just might start carrying it.

HobbyZu said...
Thursday, 24 May, 2007

I feel like such a copy cat!! lol I went and bought all these books except for the simple crochet one. I'm a sucker for a craft book man! :-)

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.