Weekend WIPs and FOs

Between barfing and other fun activities associated with stomach flu (woohoo), I managed to do some mindless crochet. Mindless is always fantastic when you're not feeling up to a lot of counting and concentrating. Love easier patterns during times like these.

First up is the Fun in the Sun hat by Annette Petavey and in the Spring 07 Interweave Crochet.


Second, we have a pair of MaryJane's for my mama. Paton's Rumor, which has some Alpaca in it, and is so, so warm. I love the color, too. These silly little sunshine buttons were stashed inside my Grandma's knitting bag and I inherited them when she passed away. I cannot resist putting them on my and my mother's slippers. They've got that funky 70s allure to them.




In my haze I thought maybe that blue and paprika red would look good together. Um, not so much. I only made one, and you can see why. This was with Wool-Ease Chunky.



And I decided to play around with some Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. Ugh. No thank you! I used an L hook which isn't exactly too large for this yarn, but the finished product looks like I used a much-too-large hook. My pinky toes pop out between the stitches. These will be frogged and turned into a hat or something. Either that or if I get too lazy I'll wear them around the house with socks in the winter time.


Here we have a little monkey face. Could you tell I was sick and bored? This was from SnB. Can you also tell I was sick by the fact that I totally screwed up the pattern? Look closely, there are a few boo-boos in there. Well, also about an hour before I took this photo I found the Monkey in my cat's mouth, so perhaps she is a little to blame for it being misshapen. Yes, we'll blame her, not my inability to concentrate on a pattern!


And I decided I'd make a fridgie. This is from a free pattern that I found on Crochet Pattern Central, but I cannot recall the link. This also ended up in Marley's mouth, and the head is stretched out, some whiskers are missing, and the eyes are now crooked, the tail is frayed, and most of the woven=-in ends are sticking out of the back now. Sigh. I mean, it was such a huge project and it took so many hours to complete, and it just killed me when she ruined it.


Okay. Kiddng.


And finally... Here's the beginnings of a shrug out of Homespun. Don't recall the colorway. Renegade? Something with an R. It's a pretty color. Reminds me of Rainbow trout.

I guess that's not too bad for someone who was sick all weekend. Just wish I could have gotten outdoors at some point other than to sit on the balcony for a few minutes. I tried to go for a walk but had to, um, run back to the house, all the while praying, that my stomach would make it in time. Double sigh!
I'm glad that's over with now. Other than being ridiculously tired, I feel much, much better. I climbed into bed somewhere in the vicinity of 8:15 last night and didn't have to get out of bed until just about 7 am this morning, so in theory I should be fine. But I'm not, my eyes don't want to stay open. I'm going to just assume it's all part and parcel of having been sick, and my body just isn't ready to be up and about this much after almost 4 complete days of watching TV and sleeping and crocheting. And, well, all the other unpleasantries associated with the stomach flu.

5 comments:

Deneen said...
Monday, 18 June, 2007

Amazing amount of FO's for a healthy person, let alone a sick person. Good for you!

Lucy said...
Tuesday, 19 June, 2007

I made that afghan in the SNB with the monkey....isn't that adorable!!!

HobbyZu said...
Tuesday, 19 June, 2007

My goodness you got a lot done for a sick person in such a short length of time! I feel bad now and should make something right now! (not) :-) I hope you feel better soon!

Sheila said...
Wednesday, 20 June, 2007

Can't wait to see the completed hat. My daughter and I were just talking about that hat and I had mentioned that it would look really cool in a solid color. Man-o-man you kicked out several FO... the mary janes are so cute.

Alexis said...
Wednesday, 20 June, 2007

Wow, you definitely kept yourself busy! :) Hope you are feeling a lot better now. The mary janes you made for your mother are awesome. And the monkey looks great, regardless of screw-ups.

What shrug pattern are you using? I've seen that color of Homespun before; it is soooo pretty. And now I can't think of the name either. LOL!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.