Friday Update

It seems like everyone is busy with Mystery Stole 3, but many of us have made some great progress on our socks nonetheless.

Abby of Ever Decreasing is still plugging away on her Vinnland and Jaywalkers. She hasn’t quite had the motivation to start on her second Vog On, but that’s okay. Vinnland is her first toe-up pattern and she’s loving it. I’m so anxious to see them when they’re done.

Last week Adrienne was pretty convinced that SOS stood for Stupid Ol Sock. I am proud to announce that this week, she’s changed her tune and has decided that SOS officially stands for Start (an)Other Sock! She designed a sock called “Peonies” and is working on a pair for herself.

Whilst Knitting in the Valley , Agnes has completed her “Pretty Comfy Socks,” and has begun work on her second pair using Opal Petticoat. I can’t wait to see how these work up. I’m a wee bit jealous of her pretty comfy socks, and if she doesn’t watch it they might soon be pretty completely stolen…by me!

Jen's been a bit under the weather, but she was still able to work the gusset and turn the heel of her Mom’s socks. We hope you feel better, Jen.

Ali of Skeins her Way has completed her first sock and is well on her way to completing Sock #2. Great job, Ali!

Allison is slightly behind on her goal to knit one pair of socks per week, but she’s finished pair #2 and is working on her third.

Amanda’s feeling A Little Fuzzy , this week about following the rules. She realized that she didn’t follow the directions for her Flame Wave Socks. Shhhh….we won’t tell.

Amber’s making all of us jealous, as she spent a good amount of time knitting on the beach in Florida. I don’t know what I’m more excited about, the beach photos or the sock photos. She’s put down her knee high socks for now until she’s sure they will fit their recipient, and is working on a second pair for a friend.

Amy has finished her first Anastasia sock and, as I suspected would be the case, I’m just about ready to steal it for my own foot! Something about lime green socks make my world a happier place.

Angela Marie has made much progress on her Big Black Socks and her socks for the Hogwarts Swap. Great job Angela Marie!

Anne-Marie is almost finished with her Elfine Socks, and her handspun socks are no longer a WIP!

Amy of Dyed in the Wool recently acquired some sock yarn with which to knit her design for the competition. Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Manda has finished her Space Monkey socks and has begun work on her third pair. All this while baking cakes for the enemy. Where does she find the time?

April is very sad to report that she has frogged all of her crocheted socks and has nothing, and I mean nothing, to show for SOS 2007 whatsoever. We're only into Week 3, though, so I'm certain I'll catch up once the numbness from feline-induced-wallet-emptying subsides.

5 comments:

Alexis said...
Friday, 13 July, 2007

If it makes you feel any better, I had to get rid of an entire cuff for my second sock because I missed a stitch (d'oh!). It looked really funky! So I've still just got my 1 sock...and I started that before SOS officially began, so it doesn't even "count." ;)

adrienne said...
Friday, 13 July, 2007

hi april

you poor thing. i can certainly relate to the frog pond experience and having nothing to show after 3 weeks of summer.

things can only get better, right?
maybe you should try (whisper) knitting! socks!

Deneen said...
Friday, 13 July, 2007

Have a great time this weekend! Buy lots and think of me!

Agnes said...
Friday, 13 July, 2007

I am guarding my socks with the highest alert ... by wearing them! LOL! Enjoy your weekend.

Jen said...
Saturday, 14 July, 2007

Oh I'm afraid that the heel turn never happened on mine. In fact, I frogged back several inches yesterday. I've decided this whole week was a bad knitting week, not a single project moved forward.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.