Friday Update

Our weekly update begins on the beautiful Hawaiian coast, where Acornbud has been knitting her Monkey Socks in Maui! They even took time out of their busy trip to pose in front of one of Paris Hilton’s favorite stores.

Amber also took her socks on vacation. Or, should I say, her socks dragged her frantically around Paris in search of its lover. What a tough life. I think Mr. Sock did eventually find ze lover (pronounced “lov-air”) somewhere along the Seine. Lucky guy! I wonder how he will fare in Kenya?

Deb had a chance to work on her second sock, and now both socks are done at least up to the heels!

Adrienne just wrapped up her contest and is urging readers to visit Jen’s blog contest, and to be sure you let Jen know that Adrienne sent you. Oh, and she posted a gorgeous photo of her Serenity socks!

Aside from running a kickass contest, Jen also divulges the secret of sock knitting success. No spoiler here, you’ll have to read it for yourself. She also shows off her Sun King Footsies, which are really so adorable. And finally, she revels in Ravelry and ponders project design, with the assistance of mathematicians no less!

Alison is busy working on her lace stole, but has had time to work on the ankle portion of another sock. Like many of you, she was slowed down a little bit by the latest and final installment of Harry Potter.

Amanda just finished her second pair, the Broad Spiral Rib Socks. Check them out, along with her super cute mary janes.

Amy has quite a bit of sock yarn p8rn to show off on her website. She’s a lucky girl, her second Anastasia took her out on a date the other night to happy hour. Amy was able to finish most of the foot section.

Amy P is hardcore. She’s made some knitting progress even while stoned. I will allow you to decipher that one on your own, by reading her blog. She’s in need of pattern testers for a sock she designed, why don’t you take a peek and read more? And do look at her socks for the design contest.

Anastacia finished her Elann spirit socks ankle socks and a pair of scrap socks, and has posted photos on her blog. Totally un-sock-related, she also posted a photo of the fan shawl she just finished, and I hope people take a peek.

Angela Marie has been busy working on her Jaywalkers and her Cascading Leaves socks. Both are quite pretty!

Ann W. may have been on a bit of a hiatus from blogging, but she certainly has some beautiful socks to show for it. Check them out!

Ruth’s progress on her Ridged Feather Socks is coming along, and they’re looking quite stunning. She, too, is almost off on vacation, so maybe we’ll have some more photos of socks in exotic places next week.

Agnes has completed her Waving Lace Socks and they are gorgeous and feminine. Unfortunately, as I’m sure many of you are aware, it’s the middle of summer and wool socks are a wee bit warm this time of year. Don’t worry Agnes, we can wear them soon enough!

And lastly, I’ve managed to post a photo of my miserable ankle socks. That are just totally miserable. I’ve barely completed one ankle section, and they’re just no good. They’re more in line with slipper socks as opposed to in-your-shoe socks, but that’s okay. My goal for this sock-along is to crochet my first pair of socks, since it’s really a milestone for me as opposed to a strong desire to crochet socks. As I’ve been lamenting on my blog, though, I hate to crochet socks. I don’t feel like I’m quite ready to learn to knit so that I can make socks, but I bet I will be someday. In the meantime, I’ve got 2 months to finish these, and I’m determined.

2 comments:

AmyP said...
Friday, 27 July, 2007

Thanks for "outing" me April! That should get people reading my blog if nothing else!
I've been sad to hear about all your difficulties with your cats recently. I hope everything sorts itself out for you soon.

Anastacia said...
Saturday, 28 July, 2007

Thanks for a great update -- and for mentioning my shawl, too!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.