It's a shrug...it's a bolero...it's....

I spent a long day sitting in a hospital waiting room (10 hours), so I decided I'd crochet. I was too nervous to do anything that required much thought, as my brain was just fried. So I decided I'd make a shrug, just sort of make it up as I went without a pattern. I had some Lion Homespun with me, oringinally intended for a stash-busting scarf for a gift. I would never have chosen Homespun for this project because, well, look...there's no drape, it's too thick, it's acrylic, etc. etc. Cotton-ease would have been a better choice. Oh well. I was in need of something to do, I was upset and worried, and this is sort of just what happened under those circumstances.

It looks bad over my PJs. It looks cute with a navy blue tank top though, and a pair of jeans.




I guess it's not too bad for something I made up out of my head, right?

I did not realize previously how gorgeous the coloring was on the back though. Nice subtle stripes. I can't wait to make this in a nice soft Alpaca blend for winter, and a nice cotton for summer. The cotton will have shorter sleeves and the winter version will have longer sleeves.

3 comments:

Alexis said...
Wednesday, 18 July, 2007

That is very pretty! I think it drapes just fine, but maybe it looks different in person? I also love the colorway of the yarn.

And you just made that up?! Wow.

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 18 July, 2007

That looks super on!

What size hook, how much yarn, stitch pattern, basic tube pattern? Do tell!

Jen said...
Friday, 20 July, 2007

Looks really good to me too! I love that you're brave enough to post a photo in your PJs.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.