Weekend FO

I' ve been very sick this weekend. Probably due to stress. I have strep and a sinus infection. Yay.

Laid around feeling cruddy Saturday and Sunday and, between naps, made a purse. It's not blocked so it looks a little wonky.





Details:
Pattern: None
Yarn: Jo-Ann Sensations Thick and Thick in Pink Lemonade (I think, I forget), 75% wool, 25% nylon: just under 3 balls
Hook: L (yarn calls for a Q)

I'm thinking of felting it. Why not? Anyone know how yarn tends to fare with only 75% wool? It does not need to be lined, thankfully. I hate to sew. This was $1/skein yarn around Christmas time, so a pretty cheap project. Ordinarily I believe it's either 4.99 or 5.99/skein. I think, but I don't recall, I bought it to make a silly scarf for my then 12 year old niece, when pink was "the" color for her and she was ooohing and ahhing over all the novelty yarns. Now she's into gray, go figure, so to destash I made this to sell at the September craft fair. I have a little left over, I think 1 or 2 balls, not sure what I'll do with it. Burn it? Haha. It's so, so not my style.

In other crochet news, I made a hat. I will have to post photos later as I have not completed the finishing touch. A friend commissioned me, for $15, to make her a cobalt blue hat with kitty ears. The only cobalt blue (can't you tell she's an artist? Cobalt blue is a very popular paint color amongst painters to create various blues and purples) yarn I could find was RH Super Saver. She was cool with that. So I made her a hat based on a pattern I printed off of Crochet Me, and I'll give details later. I then was to add kitty ears to it, and found another pattern for kitty ears also on Crochet Me, but I think they're too big for this hat. I'll just wing it I think and make some smaller ears since these ones don't quite work. Hopefully I will attach the ears tonight and take pics. The hat itself is super cute. I don't like it with ears on it, but we'll see. Maybe it will grow on me. It's not like I have to wear it though so that's fine I guess.

Bad news in my next post.

1 comments:

Jen said...
Monday, 30 July, 2007

Congrats on the FO! I don't think it will felt with the nylon though. Probably wouldn't hurt to try it though. ;)

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.