Grocery Bag Dispenser by Drew Emborsky

I'm never one to follow patterns, but here you have it. The first pattern I used in quite a long time. This is a free pattern on his site.



Specs:
About 1 ball of Sugar N Cream
H hook
2 hair elastics
Pattern was right on. I didn't find any boo-boos in it at all.
Modifications:
I added a few rounds to the top part of it. I have a lot of grocery bags and wanted mine to be a little bigger. After about round 23 or 24 I just stopped counting, and worked until my yarn was looking like it was almost gone. I also added an additonal round of dc at the top. I worried it may stretch too much over time. But maybe it would have been fine.
I really like it. He has a few handbags I'd like to make, maybe as Christmas gifts.
Maybe this is the wrong thing to say, but...I bought some Sugar N Cream to make 2 more of these for each of my brothers (one in black and one in red). I'm inspired by this to design my own pattern. I will modify the top and bottom and use a similar open-work stitch pattern for the mid-section. Sorry, Drew. I love your pattern, but there is something in my brain that just makes me want to wing everything I do and make things up as I go. Maybe I'm a fledgling designer who just needs more skill.

2 comments:

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 15 August, 2007

Nothing wrong with tweeking!

Anonymous said...
Wednesday, 17 February, 2010

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.