New Project and Huge Excitement

It's funny the things that get people excited. I think I'm fairly good at crocheting. Maybe I don't yet challenge myself to create intricate pieces of clothing. Part of that is because there aren't a ton of clothing patterns that I see and fall in love with. The other part of that is laziness. I'm set in my ways. I'm trying to work through my stash right now for Christmas gifts and items for the craft fair, so I'm feeling a little lazy when it comes to choosing things to make for myself.

Most of what I've been making for a long time is not for me. Most of it is for gift giving. Yesterday I stumbled across something that just struck a chord with me, and I looked at it and I thought, I have to have that.

Like I said, it's funny what excites people.

Our garbage disposal leaks. I have a bucket beneath the sink that catches this smelly, horrible water and I dump it out every day. Kitchen storage is at a minimum, so all of the kitchen cleaning products and garbage bags and leftover grocery bags are shoved beneath the sink. Sometimes, a grocery bag will find its way into the water bucket. It will be floating in the slimy, nasty, disgusting bucket. I have two solutions: move the grocery bags, or call maintenance. But, like in my crocheting, I'm sort of lazy and have done neither.

It's funny what people get excited about.

I stumbled across Drew Emborsky's Garbage Bag Dispenser from 2005 (11th pattern down), and thought, I have to have that. As in, that will solve all of my problems.

It's not that I hadn't thought to buy one. I had. But I'm lazy. And I'm trying to bust some stash, so when I saw this I knew exactly what Sugar and Cream I could part with. It's a lot more than meets the eye. The bottom, which is not well showcased in his photo, is quite intricate. Actually quite a lovely stitch pattern. I haven't found any problems with the pattern, either, which is nice. I finished the bottom third, and now I've got about 14 rows of that open stitch pattern which will take 30 minutes max, and then two rows up top will finish it off. I'm beyond, and I mean beyond excited for it.

The next step is calling maintenance. I work M-F and I hate the idea of having someone in my home when I'm not there to fix something. I'm taking the 17th off so I'll try to schedulde it for that day. It's getting to be disgusting down there.

1 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...
Wednesday, 08 August, 2007

I hope you'll post a photo; I'd love to see it! :)

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.