A Quick FO

I've felt like crocheting lately, but had nothing in mind to make. So I grabbed 2 skeins of Homespun in the Harvest Colorway (matches my living room a bit), and a large hook and started working in the round with 2 strands held together until I came up with this:

I put it into a large-ish wicker basket, so that it looked like this:

Miss Marley decided she would come and see what it is that Mom had made.

And see if she could fit inside.

She's being a bit playful and rolling around in her new bed:

And I think the verdict is that she likes it.

Mom likes it too because it is somewhat stylish (in terms of cat accessories at any rate) and matches the decor.
Mom also likes it because it keeps the kitty hairs off of my couch!
And finally, Mom enjoys being able to whip something together over the course of an evening while unwinding from a long day at work.

5 comments:

busy91 said...
Thursday, 23 August, 2007

Cool. Sometimes it is fun to do small objects.

Andy's Crafts said...
Thursday, 23 August, 2007

I agree sometimes it is just fun to let your mind go and create. Changes your surroundings quickly and the kitty found a new bed!

Bron said...
Friday, 24 August, 2007

Very cute, April! Love the kitty pix. :)

Sheila said...
Friday, 24 August, 2007

I love it, at first I thought it was a rug. Which reminded me of the 1st rug I made. You have inspired me to make one for my cat, Ms. Darla. In the past I've always used pillow slips, now I can make her a blanket.

Linda said...
Sunday, 26 August, 2007

Now I know what to do with those odd skeins skeins of Homespun that I have left. Ms. Marley looks very comfortable on her new catghan.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.