Yep, I'm Bi.

I feel like I need to defend myself a little bit.

Some of my crochet friends are a little worried that I've decided to learn to knit.

Am I really betraying the crochet?

I don't feel like I am. Crochet will always be my first love. It will always be my craft of choice. And it will never make me pretty socks that I so desperately want to learn to make. Or cabled sweaters. Or any number of things.

As of last night I have become bi-crafty.

I cast on 15 stitches, thanks to the help of my DVD. And this is maybe 5 or 6 rows of straight knitting. I'm going to stick with knitting for now. I'll taclke purling on a different swatch. And then when I've got those down, I'll figure out increases and decreases. And then...who knows. A simple pattern. Probably a hat on 2 needles.

Miss Marley was not at all pleased that I have gone to the dark side. You can see the contempt in her eyes.

And she later decided she would do her best to destroy all things knit.




I'll persevere though. You'll see. Some day I'll be knitting gorgeous socks on 4 dpns.
I'll tell you though--knitting is slow compared to crochet and it makes my right shoulder sore for some reason. Maybe I just don't have the right technique down yet.

6 comments:

Andy's Crafts said...
Tuesday, 25 September, 2007

Your stitches look great. SOme people put small pillows ( or a folded towel) under their arms to force their arms to relax. Knitting should be relaxing, and it is slower than crochet. Congratulations!

WilBlg4Yrn said...
Tuesday, 25 September, 2007

Congrats on joining the ranks of the bi-crafty!

I found when I first started knitting that I would tense my shoulders up trying to get the hang of the stitches, would make them hurt.
Something to consider.

Your stitches look great!!!

Holly said...
Wednesday, 26 September, 2007

As much as I can appreciate your desire to expand your crafting horizons, I have to say, that Miss Marley is one smart kitty! :o)

Amy J. said...
Friday, 28 September, 2007

Welcome to the "dark side"!

Like most folks learning, sometimes you get sore because you're tense, trying to learn something new. It will get better, and you'll get faster, as you get more comfortable with your knitting. You are right, however, that knitting is much slower than crochet!

I'll look forward to seeing some socks and cables....

Alexis said...
Friday, 28 September, 2007

I'm with Marley on this one. ;) I suppose I'll let it slide, though...for now. (Muahahahaaa.)

Stacey said...
Monday, 08 October, 2007

Yeeehawww! You're knitting, hooray!
I am going to be updating my bloggy soon, and once again we can be chatty friends. Your swatch looks awesome.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.