An Absolute Must For My Queue

Been thinking a lot about stash buster projects. I have so much worsted weight yarn that I would rather just part with, but I have no idea what to do with it all. I went on serious yarn overload and have way too much inexpensive, cheaper yarn. Yarn that, when I bought it, was fine for scarves and hats, but yarn that I wouldn't want to turn into sweaters and more advanced projects. I've thought about just busting out tons and tons of scarves and selling them or giving them as gifts, but do you know how many scarves you can make with one skein of Red Heart Super Saver Economy? Oy.


I have decided that I'm going to make Babette Blanket inspired projects. A blanket for me and Mark most definitely. Probably some kitty blankets for around the house (I like to put a [sytylish] blanket where ever they lay -- keeps the cat hair in check and it's cozy for them). I envision bags and purses out of this style. I envision a scarf for one particuarly crazy friend I have who would wear it until it's threadbare.


I hate the idea of motif crochet. But now that I'm making my first ever granny, maybe I can handle this kind of prject. A blanket using my leftovers could take me a year, but what a great way to use up old yarn.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.