Fragile

It's the only word that can describe me right now. I feel emotionally fragile.

I did not think that a stupid stomach problem would make me feel this way, but it does. Food is my biggest enemy and I'm starving.

The GI is taking it very seriously. They've scheduled me for an upper endoscopy and biopsies to rule out stomach and intestinal cancers, and various malabsorption diseases. I have that on Tues 11/20. Thanksgiving will likely be a bust. She has 3 ideas kicking around in her head right now. Ulcers, Celiac Disease or a gallbladder that's not functioning properly. They'll schedule the radioactive dye test after the biopsies come back to test my gallbladder function. I have most of the symptoms of all three, so now they get to weed out what I do and don't have. I'm pretty freaked.

3 comments:

Linda said...
Friday, 09 November, 2007

So sorry, April. I hope they figure it out soon.

Bron said...
Sunday, 11 November, 2007

I'm sorry it's taking so long to find out what's wrong. :( Hang in there!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.