I'm Sorry, I'm here...

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the emails. I'm doing ok. The endoscopy went well. Deneen was right, I didn't remember a thing. They put the mouthguard in and the next thing I knew, I was in recovery.

The only thing that the GI said was that I had "mucosal abnormalities" -- lots of irritation and redness that they cannot yet explain. He took biopsies. I don't have esophogeal reflux, nor do I have ulcers. I told him I still cannot eat. He upped my dosage of Nexium to twice per day but it's not making any difference. I need to call next week to have the HIDA scan scheduled. I'm still kind of betting on gall bladder. My follow up is 12/10 so I will have pathology results by that day at the latest.

Thanksgiving was a terrible disaster. I got greedy and decided I would try to eat. Now, keep in mind I had about 1 teaspoon of each dish--a teaspoon of mashed potatoes, a teaspoon of squash, etc. Seriously, 1/4 cup max, but I'd be willing to bet it was more like 1/6 or 1/8 of a cup. It was really just a tiny amount. And I was doubled over a ridiculous amount and we had to leave. The only thing keeping me from the ER was the Bentyl, which I probably took too much off because it knocked me out. I ended up going to bed at 7:30 last night and slept until 8:30 am this morning.

So, as long as I don't eat I'm ok. When I eat I get into trouble.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Linda said...
Saturday, 24 November, 2007

April, I'm becoming more and more concerned about you. You were so slender before you became ill, and I can only imagine how much weight you've lost since this started. I hope they find out what's wrong with you very soon!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.