Something is Very Wrong

I have been having some heartburn for about 2 weeks now. At least, that is what I assumed it was. It's a burning just above my bellybutton, that radiates outward. Sometimes it radiates to the upper right part of my belly under my ribcage, and into my back. I've never had GI issues. I have sort of a nervous stomach, so when I'm super upset I'll be off for a few days. But I've never had any serious issues otherwise. I wasn't even sure what I was feeling was heartburn. So anyhow, I started taking Tums and felt little relief. So I bought some Prilosec OTC and started taking that once per day. This past Sunday night around 7 pm I started to feel heart burn. It kept getting worse and worse. By 10 I was in so much pain I could not stand up to walk. I could not speak. My body visibly shook. Mark was a sleep or I would have made him take me to the ER. I was sweating profusely. I am not being dramatic when I say that the pain was so bad I could not stand up off the couch and get into the bedroom to make him take me to the ER. The pain was so bad that had I had a gun I would have shot myself. No lie. I thought I was dying. I thought it must be cancer. I must be bleeding internally. It had to be something very severe. It wasn't like gas pain that came and went, it was constant, and it was terrible. It lasted from about 7 pm Sunday night until 5:30 am Monday morning. I did not sleep 1 second during that time. I sweat so much that when the pain suddenly, and I mean very suddenly, stopped at 5:30 am and I stood up from the couch, there was an April-shaped sweat print where I was sitting. I sweat so much from pain that there was a huge wet spot. I couldn't believe my eyes. I have had 3 knee and 1 tonsilectomy/adnoidectomy surgeries. None of them went "well," in that I was in terrible pain afterward. I would do those things over 100 times before I would ever experience that kind of stomach pain again. I truly thought I was going to die.

So I went to the doctor Monday morning. They said it sounded like one of two things. Either a bad ulcer, or gallstones. They scheduled an ultrasound for this morning. The ultrasound technician said she thought everything looked good. Which would mean no gallstones. The blood work is still waiting in the wings. I should get a call from the doc by Friday or early next week letting me know what's going on with me. If everything is inconclusive, I need to have an endoscopy. The thought of something in my throat, that is probably the worst thing imaginable to me. I am so wimpy when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I'm pretty freaked out. Since it happened on Sunday, I cannot eat without feeling really ill. My stomach is uncomfortable at all times. I'm really worried. I've never had GI problems before and it's pretty freaky.

4 comments:

Deneen said...
Tuesday, 06 November, 2007

Sounds like gallbladder (to me anyway)

Amy said...
Tuesday, 06 November, 2007

Very scary. Sorry to hear of your night of pain! There are diet-related things you can do to help if it's gallbladder..you might want to try them "just in case."

Andy's Crafts said...
Wednesday, 07 November, 2007

I am no Doctor, but sometimes when people have heartburn is because of certain things.
1. Candida outbreak
2. eating too often, or not enough enzymes in the stomach to digest food.

3. If it is Gallbladder I personally would go through a natural liver detox, which will take many months and probably more Glallbladder attacks like the one you had. You can actually see what you were eating that afternoon that was either extrra sweet or fatty. Gallstones are made of Calcium or and Cholesterol.

Don't lose hope and don't be so fast to go to surgery get a second opinion. You will be in my prayers for healing.

Bron said...
Wednesday, 07 November, 2007

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain! I've had an ulcer and the pain can be that bad. Take care & I'll be sending healing vibes your way.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.