Oh, and...

Finished another ghan last night. I'm now down to my very last one and that should be it for Christmas. I still have many FO pics to post, but by the time I get home from work these days I'm pretty exhausted. Between feeling tired all the time (from low calories and fat I assume) and the antispasmodic gut medicine that makes me so loopy and sleepy, I have managed to neglect taking pics of my stuff.

The ghan I finished was for my 7 year old nephew who likes GI Joe. It's camoflauge. Hideously ugly, but hey, I'm not into camo so who cares what I think. He is 150% boy so I suspect he'll get a huge kick out of it. Well, as much as a 7 year old boy can appreciate a hand made blanket instead of toys at Christmas time. I suppose his enthusiasm for it will be relative, since it's not exciting and fun to play with, but again, that's ok by me.

So, as of now that's 4 ghans I've made since April of this year (Sara's, Erik and Teresa's, Mark's parents and Jacob's, which is shown only partially completed in that older picture), with one more in the works for my parents. After Christmas I have 2 more in mind to make. One will be the Babette Blanket from the Spring 2006 edition of Interweave Crochet, which I just backordered yesterday. The other will be for my 2 best friends. Their 5 year wedding anniversary is this March. Both of their birthdays are about 1 week before their anniversary. They're both obsessed with stars (as home decor, on her purse, on jewelry and buttons, and they both even have star tattoos). I think Beth's Little Star Afghan would make a perfect gift for them, don't you? I'm really not sure of the colors. I'd like it to be something funky without being obnoxious. Conversely, I do like the idea of it being a fantastic shade of yellow. I also like the idea of using wool and felting it so it's a nice rug. I can't decide, but that will be the pattern at any rate. Sara is in the midst of making her first ghan for Justin for Christmas and the colors are a taupe and red. I can't quite decide if I should be sure the 2 match each other or not. I don't think they necessarily need to if I make a blanket instead of a rug, because they wouldn't have both blankets in the same room. If I do a smaller version and felt it into a rug, they will definitely put it in the living room so it should match their other decor. Hm. It's a difficult choice for me because I'm really leaning toward making a huge yellow star blanket and I think it would be cute, but man that wouldn't really match anything of theirs. It will come to me eventually I guess.

2 pm on a Friday and I'm very much ready to go home. 2 more hours. The Bentyl makes me so tired and I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. *yawn*

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.