Wedding Stuff

Thank you for all your congratulations. I'm very excited.

It's looking like we'll be married in 2009. At the moment I have a plan to get us out of debt by the end of 2008 and to be honest, that is my priority right now. We have our future to think about afterall. Once the debt is paid off (next fall if everything goes as planned), we'll be able to save a significant amount pretty quickly so that we can proceed with the wedding. Mark would like an October wedding, but I'm not certain I want to wait that long. We'll see. I'm impatient.

We're going to try to do as much of it ourselves as we can. I want a venue that will deal with the meal, booze, location, linens and china. We'll have live music (his father's band) and hopefully my boss will be the JP doing the service. I want to make the cake and desserts myself with the help of one of my best friends, who is a trained pastry chef and chocolatier (is that a word?). I want to do all of the decorating and fine details ourselves, including invitations, programs (if we have them), favors, etc. So though I'm impatient the extra time may not be terrible. We'll be paying for the wedding ourselves, and my goal is to have a fabulous wedding for well under $5,000. It should be fun. I have my eye on a local vineyard at the moment, and we'll probably call in the coming weeks to go take a peek and discuss the pricing. It's all very exciting.

2 comments:

naomi said...
Wednesday, 02 January, 2008

Wow, you want to do it yourself, how cool !

Zuleika said...
Thursday, 03 January, 2008

Oh wow, you have a great plan there. I hope it all works out very smoothly for you both. Happy New year to you! :-)

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.