I know but I don't know...

I'm sorry for the lack of update from the tests. I really don't know anything yet, so there's not much I can say. The test was fine, a little sucky and I didn't feel well the rest of the day, but ultimately it was just fine.

What I do know is that the nuclear medicine department considers my results to be normal. The doctor has not yet reviewed them and he isn't due back into his office until Wednesday so it will be a few more days. What I am unsure of is whether or not he will take into account my symptoms and my previous results, and still consider my newest result to be normal. He had previously said if there was a change in my gallbladder function he would send me to a surgeon. Well, there was a change. A 40% +/- change. I went from being at the very tail end of the normal to low range, to being 4% above what is considered to be the upper end of the normal range. So, despite all the meds I'm on (the antispasmodic especially, which slows the entire GI system down), my gallbladder function went way, way up. Not sure if he will consider that to be anything of importance or not. Though he said a significant change would result in the surgical consult, I'm not sure if he was expecting a change in the opposite direction. So, who knows. I'll let you know when I find out. They say that an overactive gallbladder can be just as bad as an underactive one. Is mine overactive? Or is it working okay somedays and not others? I don't know. I'll really just have to wait to see what he says.

Lizze, I'm sorry I haven't checked in with you in a week, but thank you for checking in on me. I'll be sure to catch up in a day or two.

Today I am taking a day off from work for a nice "mental health" day. I've been stressed with medical stuff and it's nice to just take a day off for fun. Just hanging out and crocheting. Well, and somehow doing laundry and cleaning and other household things. I feel restored and cozy, so that's good. Work and life have been a little more stressful than usual lately, so today is a nice little reprieve.

Thank you everyone for your emails. Things here really are just fine. A little nervous tension but nothing major.

1 comments:

Lizze said...
Wednesday, 26 March, 2008

I'm sorry that you don't have any difinitive answers yet. I keep praying that you will have the answers you need very soon. I hope you enjoyed the "mental health" day. Wish I had some of those. ;) lol

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.