Tomorrow's the Big Day...

I have my HIDA scan first thing in the morning at the hospital to measure my gallbladder function. It's the one test of all of them I'd rather not repeat because the hormone injection made me fairly sick, but I'm glad to be having it regardless. It will at least tell me once and for all if it's gallbladder or something else. If not, I'm not sure what tests come next, but at least something will be ruled out. If the function is below 35% I'll be off to the surgeon. I hope this mess is resolved soon. The weight loss really worries me. I've found some low fat/high cal foods though so I'm hoping to gain a few pounds. The new medicine kicks my ass in many ways but now that I've been on it for one week, the side effects seem to be lessening and it's not as bothersome. I suspect I'll eventually be tolerating it just fine. It seems to be helping that one stomach pain I get, but it's hard to say that I feel better since I've been nauseas, bloated, crampy and vomiting for a week now. It's better each day though, like I said, and I suspect it will work out.

Tomorrow, hopefully, something yarny to post. I have a few items that have been completed lately, but it seems like so little to me. I made a shawl for my best friend's birthday which I neglected to photograph. Purple Jiffy. I'm not a fan of Jiffy, but back in the day I was, and I think I bought the yarn for this shawl over a year ago specifically for her. Fast foward to March--I was dreading making it for her but now I'm very glad that I did. The one thing I didn't take into consideration with Jiffy is that it's insanely warm. So, it serves its purpose as a house shawl to keep her cozy. The other big project is my Noro tote bag that I've been working on since October. I kept putting it down and forgetting about it. I should have it felted tomorrow and ready for pictures.

I ordered some yarn for another blanket for Sara as well. We're doing a little afghan exchange, due by 6/1. I'm modifying a pattern that I cannot disclose or else she'll find out. I'm worried that it will be too busy, though that's how it's supposed to be. Busy, but hip and stylish. I'll have to play around with the pattern. It calls for sock weight yarn and I'm sorry, but I'm not a lunatic who would make a blanket with sock weight yarn. I'm using worsted weight and a larger hook. So...lots of modifications. If I follow the pattern exactly it would end up about 12 feet wide. It's my favorite blanket pattern of all time and I hope to make one for myself one day. I really hope she likes it. If it's terrible, I don't know what I'll do. She isn't the type of person that I would ordinarly make something funky, loud and ridiculous for. It would be something feminine and pretty, or it would be a star shaped ripple afghan. I don't know what propelled me to choose this pattern. I guess because I like it so much, and it seems like a lot of work. You know how you can more easily justify spending your time making something for someone else, than you can justify spending the same amount of time making something for yourself? I want to make it so badly, but I have a hard time justifying taking the time to make it for myself. It's not even remotely difficult to justify spending that time on something for her though. At the very least, she'll get something with more love in it than I've ever made before, since I'm so in love with the pattern.

4 comments:

Deneen said...
Monday, 17 March, 2008

Good luck with the test. I don't understand the hormone injection, but hopefully it'll all work out how you want it.

Lizze said...
Tuesday, 18 March, 2008

Good luck honey! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you! I hope you fail with flying colors tomorrow! ;)

Lizze said...
Saturday, 22 March, 2008

Okay I need you to use your imagination for a minute. Close your eyes (after you read this obviously, unless you are able to read with your eyes closed). Picture me on my couch doing cheerleader motions and chanting "Update! Update! We need an update!" *muah*

Lizze said...
Monday, 24 March, 2008

Cheerleading didn't work? Okay then. How about pity? April, I'm sad. I'm bed ridden. I'm hugely pregnant and getting bigger by the hour. And all I ask is for a teensy tiny little update on one of my nearest and dearest. Is that really so much to ask for? :( lol

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.