Birthday Loot

First of all, thank you for all the happy birthday emails I received today!

How about some loot?

Saturday afternoon Mom and Dad took Sara and I on my birthday shopping spree to the Elegant Ewe. First off, the store was loaded with crocheted projects in addition to knit and woven projectsm which was awesome. Second, I got some great yarns and I'm so excited! This is 2nd Time Cotton by Knit One Crochet Two, which is 75% cotton and 25% acrylic. I plan to make Annette Petavy's Fun in the Sun Hat from last summer's Interweave Crochet. It will be my fishing hat. The colors are great.


Second is O-Wool. 50% organic cotton, 50% organic wool. It's so soft and lucious. This will be a nice hat as well.

Third we have Hempathy by Elsebeth Lavold. I plan to make a newsboy/baseball style hat.

nd finally, two skeins of Noro for an earflap hat for next winter.


I know I'm planning 4 hats but I'm a hat person. I will wear the hemp and the bucket hat in warm weather. The other two will be my winter hats for next year.
I also wound over a mile of yarn on Saturday. The top two balls are Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold purchased in October. The middle two are wool that I picked up at the Knit and Crochet Convention last summer, along with the bottom ball, which is 700 yards of Peruvian Alpaca. I'm not sure what these will become but I forced myself to wind them before I played with the new stuff.


Mark got me some buttons from an antique store:


And a gift card for Michaels, which I used on 5 skeins of Cotton Ease in Stone for a shrug, and 3 balls of Hemp for making some crocheted bowls or boxes.


And though I hate football, he got me 4 football movies because for the life of me I cannot get enough of them. I love football movies. Go figure.

Sara and Justin got me a gift card to Victoria Secrets which I used to buy some PJs.




Sara got me some of the self-striping Sugar n Cream.


And lastly, Sara made me an adorable hat that I wore all morning when I was running errands.



So there you have it. Tons of goodies. I'm overwhelmed with yarn. And so excited!

4 comments:

Deneen said...
Tuesday, 08 April, 2008

Happy belated birthday to you-what are you, like 23???:)

I have to try and find that self-striping cotton yarn. I have a leftover giftcard to Michaels and I never buy yarn anymore in the stores (darn Ravelry) and should check it out. Let us know how it works out.

Lizze said...
Tuesday, 08 April, 2008

I can't believe I missed your birthday! *head desk*

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dearest April!
Happy birthday to you!
*hugs*

Zuleika said...
Friday, 11 April, 2008

Happy birthday! You got a heck of a lot of stuff! Sounds like it was a good day. :-)

Andy's Crafts said...
Friday, 11 April, 2008

Happy Birthday !!!!!

You made like a Bandit great Loot!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.