Free Pattern: Too Hot Pot Holders




I needed some new pot holders and, if you're like me these days, it's hard to justify buying something you know you can make.
Materials:
2 balls of Sugar'n Cream Cotton Yarn (2.5 ounces each)--I had some leftover after making 2 potholders.
J Hook

Holding two strands of yarn together, chain 6. Join with a sl st to form a ring.
(I hate weaving in the ends so from this point forward, crochet over your yarn tail to avoid this step)

Work 12 hdc into ring. sl st to first hdc, ch 1 and turn.

R1: hdc in next two stitches; 3 hdc in next stitch; hdc in next two stitches. ch 1 and turn.

R2: hdc in next three stitches; 3 hdc in next stitch; hdc in next three stitches. ch 1 and turn.

R3: hdc in next four stitches; 3 hdc in next stitch; hdc in next four stitches. ch 1 and turn.

R4: hdc in next five stitches; 3 hdc in next stitch; hdc in next five stitches. ch 1 and turn.

Repeat this pattern of adding one hdc on either side of the 3-hdc corner for a total of 17 Rounds.

You should end with hdc in 16 stitches, 3 hdc in next stitch, hdc in next 16 stitches. Fasten off and weave in end.

I find that with a ch 1 instead of ch 2, you don't have to sc around the edges for a finished look.
Let me know how it works out!


(c) 2008 by April Magnuson. You may not reproduce this pattern or any part of it for distribution or sale. You are welcome to sell any completed project resulting from this pattern without prior permission from me.

2 comments:

Zuleika said...
Friday, 02 May, 2008

Great pattern! I really like handmade decor in a kitchen, makes it feel cozy and homey. :-)

Grace Abeyta said...
Saturday, 31 December, 2011

Fabulous pattern! I made some for my mother for Christmas. She loved them! I got a candy cane stripe feel by using one strand of red with one strand of white.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.