I'm So Busy Part 3

And finally....the wedding. We're about 5 or 6 weeks out now. And with our small budget, we're doing everything ourselves. I'm baking the cake, which will actually be cupcakes. I'll do half chocolate, half vanilla. The icing on top of each will be one of three colors: red, yellow or orange. Deep fall colors. I'm going to make some chocolates using basic molds. They'll likely be fall leaves. Those will sit atop the frosting on the cupcakes.





I've finished my favors but no photo yet. Sorry. I have almost finished my shawl. I need to make my purse. The centerpieces will be done in a month or so, as a gift from a friend. The placecards are ready to be made, as soon as everyone RSVPs (50% of the guests still have not, even though the RSVP date has come and gone). The dress and suit are all set. We're buying our rings next weekend. Next week we get our license. Sheesh. There's a lot of crap to do in order to get married!



I do have some step by step pics of the cupcake tree. It started off as plain white cardboard discs. I painted them black. The following week we glued leaves around the edges and flowers on the risers. I still need to touch up a few spots with some paint, but otherwise it's done.




In the final photo you will see the card holder. I decided to use an antique looking bird cage. I thought it was a lot nicer and more stylish than anything else I had seen. And....$11. What a bargain. I'm going to hang it after the wedding with pillar candles in it, in our living room. Pretty stylish I think.

















Oh crap. I need to make the bouquet too. Well, tack that onto the list. The flowers on the cupcake tree match the favors exactly. These flowers (gerbera daisies) match my bouquet. They also can be found on the gift bags I'm putting in each hotel room. Which reminds me....I need to decide what is going in those bags....


It doesn't seem like it's a ton of work per say, but there are just many, many details to consider. I'm pretty OCD, and I want this whole thing to be ridiculously stylish yet casual and fun. I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far.


I'll have more pics as we move closer to the date.

2 comments:

Deneen said...
Wednesday, 03 September, 2008

Awesome job-you are very crafty. Love all the stuff for Derryfest too!

Lola said...
Friday, 05 September, 2008

Haven't really been around so I'm trying to catch up! I love the idea of cupcakes (my cousin did them too) and the cupcake tree looks great!

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.