Five Days

Mark and I will be married 5 days from now. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by. I also cannot believe how naive I was about this week. I had always thought that I would have everything done and would enjoy this week relaxing and not stressing about the final details. I have never been more wrong in my life! It would be an enormous lie to say I'm near completion at this point. Stress is mounting to say the very least.

The whole DIY Wedding is fantastic. It allows you so much more control over the details, and gives every one of those details such a personal touch. It saves a tremendous amount of money. I can be elegant on my small budget simply by scouring the craft stores for sales, and making everything myself. The entire cake including the cupcake tier and all the decorations and ingredients, for instance, cost me about $100. That's a fantastic bargain for 70 guests. I will never complain about the creative freedom and financial freedom doing it myself has granted me. In the future though, I will allow myself more time. Since July when I started making the invitations I have probably spent about 20 hours per week working on things for the wedding. When you work 47 hours on average per week at your day job, have an online store and are going to craft fairs in the fall, it's a huge undertaking. Will I ever regret that? No, of course not. But it's a huge endeavor and in the future if I plan a huge DIY party I will simply give myself more time. This week will kick my ass into oblivion I think.

Enough whining. How about some pictures?

Mark and I opted not to get similar rings. We don't have similar tastes. His ring is a matte titanium, whereas mine is 14k white gold with delicate engravings on it (a circular scroll sort of design, which was near impossible to photograph).


Of all the rings I tried on, this one just suit me the best. Delicate but not ornate. Elegant yet durable.

I'm particularly pleased with the wedding favors. Each place setting will alternate red-orange around each table, so no two place settings beside each other are the same. The inside of the boxes are filled with chocolate truffles.


The colors in the bouquet did not capture well in photographs. But in person I think they look lovely. The stem is wrapped in a black satin ribbon. I decided to opt for silk flowers because I just did not want to be bothered with the expense or hassle of using real flowers. I'm pleased with my decision.

I have a lot more photos that I'll try to upload as the week progresses, when I need a break. I tried to photograph each item as it was completed, so that I could post some pictures beforehand. All in all, though tired, I'm very happy with how things are turning out. Just pray that the cupcakes work well. That's the biggest task this week. The rest of it are just small final details. Hundreds of small final details and errands.

5 comments:

Darcie said...
Monday, 06 October, 2008

Oh April...I'm getting all teary-eyed and excited...and I neither "know" you nor am I attending! What a precious day this will be...for you and Mark...and each and every special person there to witness.

Take deep breaths often. Remember that if something doesn't go quite as planned...no one but you will ever know. Everything will be fantastic!

Best of wishes!!!

Darcie said...
Monday, 06 October, 2008

See?! Giddy, I say! I forgot to mention...the flowers look DELIGHTFUL!!! What gorgeous colors...and the satin ribbon is such a great touch.

Ohmygosh!!! Less than 5 days!!!

Deneen said...
Tuesday, 07 October, 2008

I am thrilled for you and everything you have done looks wonderful-I'll think of you this weekend (although I know you won't be thinking of me ;P)

Lucy said...
Thursday, 09 October, 2008

What an exciting time for you...enjoy!!!! Best of luck!

Andy's Crafts said...
Friday, 10 October, 2008

Classsy simple rings I love it.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.