Where Are My Feet?


I can't find them anymore! I have to lean way forward to catch a glimpse of them. Which is probably a good thing, because they're in bad shape right now because I can no longer care for my toenails well. I can still cut them, but I can't get close enough to them to see if I'm cutting them in a nice straight line. Lord only knows what they look like close up! I'm 21 1/2 weeks along now. 18 1/2 to go, if she cooperates and crosses the finish line at 40 weeks. I hate to say it, but I can't wait. I know, I know, just wait another month or two or three and I'll surely be very uncomfortable. I'll look back to this time and wonder what in the world I was complaining about. Don't get me wrong---I do feel great. But I feel weird and slightly uncomfortable as well. Round enough where I can no longer bend at the waist. Fat enough where Mark now instictively gives me a helpful shove from behind when I'm trying to roll myself out of bed. Strangely shaped enough where getting onto the floor seems like the most ridiculous idea ever, unless of course someone is there to help me back up to a standing position. I know this is all just the beginning. I know that many women before me have had babies and been pregnant, and this is natural and normal and my body will be just fine. But it's hard to wrap my mind around it all. How in the hell will my skin stretch that much? It's as tight as can be, no matter how lubed I keep it. How will I maneuver myself when I already feel like I'm getting in my own way? Will I one day lay down and not be able to get back up? If a nearly one pound baby laying on my bladder causes me to nearly pee myself, what will a 6 or 7 or 8 pound baby do to me? It completely astounds me. I know I'll do just fine (albeit perhaps less than graceful). But the whole thought of it just seems out of the realm of possibility! Women really survive pregnancy, huh?? ;)
We've named her Zoey Isabella, by the way. I think she will be born wearing tap shoes, boxing gloves or both. Her movements are constant. Remind me at 8 months to take it easy on the sugar, or I will never have any rest.
Not much crocheting around here unfortunately. I have been working on Zoey's first hat now for almost 3 weeks and it's finally near completion. My upper back is in a world of hurt, and it seems the only time it feels decent is when I give up crocheting for a while. And when I say while, I suspect I may need to give it up for a very long while. The idea of it doesn't sit well with me. But I'm getting really sick of back pain, so it's looking like crochet will be on the backburner for even longer.

5 comments:

Deneen said...
Friday, 23 January, 2009

I showed early like you and carried low and then stayed the same til 8 months.

I peed myself everytime I sneezed to took to wearing shields. One of the ultrasounds actually showed Elena with ankles crossed and using my bladder as a footrest.

People swear my shea buttah worked for their pregnancy and not getting stretch marks and ordered, before I had the large size, large sizes off of me privately-your skinny and may get them (on your back too). I had not a one, however I used, from the drugstore, Queen Helene pure cocoa butter stick. It was cheap, smelled like chocolate and I used it every night and not a mark on me at all-my mother told me about it and she was right. Make it a nightly ritual.

Wait til Zoey decides to do a complete rollover on ya-I was lying in the tub and it scared the hell outta me-she completely rolled and flipped and my stomach looks like an alien was coming out of it-I freaked out and yes, it hurt a little and then that was that.

My problem was equilibrium, I would forget my stomach was there and bump into things and I would forget the added weight and lose balance a lot, but I showed like you did early and carried so low, people thought I had dropped in my 5th month and then I stayed that way-8th month, I popped out (not huge), but they induced 2 weeks later so who knows how big I would have gotten. I do recall Mike having to shave my legs for me before delivery and when the delivery was over I wondered why I bothered, no one cares about hairy legs and aren't even looking at them.
Go get a pedi when the weather warms up. Get a body pillow (I didn't have one, but I heard they are great) and some panty shields cause you're gonna need em :)

Pretty name you chose.

Love ya!

Laura said...
Friday, 23 January, 2009

Just catching up ... congratulations on having a little girl! I won't scare you with what the years to come will bring lol but I can tell you holding your DAUGHTER in your arms is just the best. And of course there is the fact that little girls are so much fun to dress up! I'll second the "looks like an alien in there" comment. Scary stuff at times I tell ya lol. One big tip - splurge on pedicures!!

Darcie said...
Saturday, 24 January, 2009

I can so relate! Emotions flood us on any given normal day...but when there's a pregnancy involved? Oh my. Crazy thoughts and wonders never cease. ;-) Just hang in there. You're very normal.

All the while during my last pregnancy, I could not wait until I could once again lie on my tummy to sleep. That's all that I thought about. It just felt unnatural to lie on my side or back. And after the birth? I have never done anything but lie on my side and back! Funny.

LOVE Zoey Isabella. That is beautiful!

The crocheting will wait. Just take care...you love mahv-el-ous!!!

Zu said...
Friday, 06 February, 2009

Wow you've grown since my last visit! I hadn't realized it had been so long. Your belly is soo cute! lol
Yes, women survive and have survived for gajillions of years with buns in the oven of their own. ;-) So you'll be just fine when your little bundle of joy pops out. Congrats on finding out she's a she! I bet it's annoying you that you can't crochet much. Crocheting cute girly things looks like so much fun. I have all boys, and things just aren't as cute for them. lol

Stacey said...
Wednesday, 11 February, 2009

No worries on your lack of crochet right now mama, I promise to shower your little one with knitted cuteness. It's not crochet, but hopefully will be good enough :)

I love knitting baby stuff. Instant gratification knitting.

Did you know that Clay's daughter is named Zoe as well??

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.