WTF

I rang in my 30th birthday (until about 4 am) in the labor and delivery ward of the hospital thinking I was in labor. I had terrible back pain and contractions every 90 seconds apart. I was really terrified of having her 8 weeks premature but I could not imagine what on earth was causing the terrible pain I was feeling other than labor. Well, long story short and several days later it turns out I've got kidney stones.

I haven't gone to work all week. I haven't done anything except go to the doctor and feel sorry for myself. I have an u/s tomorrow to see how things are going, how many there are, etc. Nothing has passed yet.

The good news is that they did an fFn test and it's not likely I'll go into preterm labor in the next 7 to 14 days. The fierce contractions I was having were irritbility contractions from the pain and stress on my system. The baby is in really good condition, strong HB, doing well. So on that front I couldn't be happier.

But I feel like shit and am so whiny and woah-is-me that I'm sure I'm miserable to be around.

What the hell is in the water up here that both Mark and I have now had stones?

4 comments:

Zu said...
Thursday, 09 April, 2009

Oh for goodness sake!! Hopefully this will be the last of your ailments, and it'll be over in time for you both to enjoy the new addition. :-)

Happy belated birthday by the way. :-)

Lizze said...
Thursday, 09 April, 2009

Happy belated birthday my dearest friend! :)

*hugs* I know just how scary the L&D early can be. I'll be thinking of you all and praying for you. I'm sorry about the kidney stones, maybe your water has too much calcium in it? I'm thrilled that your fFn came back a-okay though. If you need to talk, you know where to find me. Good luck honey! Feel better soon!

Becki said...
Friday, 10 April, 2009

How scary! This totally sucks, as if you needed one more ailment :( Hope you get lots of rest and recover quickly. I'm glad to hear the baby is just fine though!

Happy Birthday! a teensy bit late...

Deneen said...
Friday, 10 April, 2009

Just rest and recover-Happy belated birthday-Zoe will be here soon

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.