Full Term

I've technically got 20 days until my due date but I'm officially full term nonetheless. So, little one, please feel free to come out at any time, ok?

We're doing well. I'm 2 cm and very soft, and her head is very low, so hopefully progress continues to be made and I don't end up stalling here for a long while. My big complaint right now is the pressure and cramping and irregular contractions. She's very low in my pelvis and I'm quite far along so these are all normal things to be expected at this stage. I don't sleep worth a damn, I'm up usually every 40 to 50 minutes like clockwork overnight to use the bathroom. I feel very tired as a result. I think it will serve me well though as I'll be very used to her waking me up every 2 hours around the clock. Actually, part of me thinks that if she allows me to sleep 2 hours straight I'll feel wonderfully rested. I don't think I have slept more than 90 minutes in one stretch in several weeks.

It's funny, yesterday I heard a newly pregnant woman talking about her fears of labor and delivery. It reminded me that I used to be so pathologically terrified of labor that I wished for a c-section. But as I near the end, I don't fear it at all. I pray for it. I welcome it. I am looking forward to it. I say, bring it on! On so many levels it will bring relief. Of course there are nerves and jitters, but at this point in the game I just can't wait for the whole thing to just get itself over with, you know?

So, just the normal end of the road stuff going on here. Hopefully my next post will be soon and will include baby pictures. One can hope, right? Of course, you know full well I'm jinxing myself and will end up whining to you 2 weeks past my due date.

3 comments:

Deneen said...
Thursday, 14 May, 2009

Any day now-they won't let you go two weeks late. I thought I wanted a C-section too and was terrified. I didn't need a C-section and honestly, the most empowering feeling ever giving birth.

Now, I went 5 weeks early, so I didn't have any of the issues at the end, so I got nothing for you.

For me, it went by fast (LOL)-I can't wait to see pics of the baby.

Becki said...
Friday, 15 May, 2009

I was gonna warn you to be careful - remember Jillian was overcooked by a week or so. Not fun LOL.

Seriously though, she's coming soon, and you'll do fantastic. You know it's strange, throughout our friendship and my fantasies of us growing old and having babies together I always knew you would handle it so much better than me. And low and behold you are! I'm just one big whiney butt right now, and you're holding out like a trooper. I'm proud of you.

Also, I think we both should have had our kids on the 7th, but I'm not sure the docs would let you wait that long LOL.

Zuleika said...
Tuesday, 19 May, 2009

Any day now!! You may even have had her already. ;-)
The end of the pregnancy can be very stressful and tiring, which can make anyone look forward to labor. Maybe that's all part of the process. Kinda preparing us for the labor.

Back to Home Back to Top ..a.d...n.a.u.s.e.u.m... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.